AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Health Care Organisations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

is there a definition of health care organisations? Google says that health care organisations are not allowed to take part in the ad grants program. The question for me is now. Are Organisations who support older people, like retirement homes or foundations who support alternative practitioners allowed or are these organisations disallowed. For me a health care organisation is something like a doctor or a hospital. Some friends said that these foundations can also be a helath care organisation and it depends on the definition ....

Best regards from Germany

Dominique

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Dominique A

When Google states that "Hospitals and healthcare organizations" are not eligible for the Google For Nonprofits and Ad Grants program, they are primarily talking about care providers and facilities (for example, doctors and hospitals like you mentioned above). In the US, how Google determines if an organization falls into a category of "healthcare organization" that is ineligible or not is based on the organization's NTEE category code. A list of the NTEE category codes that Google uses is not publicly available but as mentioned above it primarily consists of care providers and facilities. Similar determinations are made for organizations in other countries, using that countries method of categorizing charities.

My recommendation is when in doubt, go ahead and apply.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

@RobertCoats is the Ad Grants expert here. Maybe he has some insight?

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Dominique A

When Google states that "Hospitals and healthcare organizations" are not eligible for the Google For Nonprofits and Ad Grants program, they are primarily talking about care providers and facilities (for example, doctors and hospitals like you mentioned above). In the US, how Google determines if an organization falls into a category of "healthcare organization" that is ineligible or not is based on the organization's NTEE category code. A list of the NTEE category codes that Google uses is not publicly available but as mentioned above it primarily consists of care providers and facilities. Similar determinations are made for organizations in other countries, using that countries method of categorizing charities.

My recommendation is when in doubt, go ahead and apply.