AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Has anyone successfully implemented AdGrants?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Has anyone successfully implemented AdGrants for Non-Profits with their website?

I'm sorry, but I've been trying for months to get this account set up. I've gone through the phone support calls, the chat online route, and this forum. every time you get a different answer for why things are not working the problem is the describe a procedure that will fix it.

You get to the very end and then they say do this and nothing happens, or they say fill out this form and send it back and nothing happens. Or at the end of a very long email chain and process, the person helping you refers you to the exact first process or link that you tried to use in the first place that didn't work, and you start all over again.

I thought maybe it was me, and then I started looking through the other threads on the support forum about the same issue. What I find is is that this issue goes on for a lot of people but what ends up happening is, they get as frustrated as me and drop off. Or they find a new solution and stop using the account. But in very few cases does this problem get resolved. Yet they are marked resolved.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Ad-Grants/We-are-approved-for-Ads-Grant-BILLING/td-...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Has anyone successfully implemented AdGrants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Donald S

I know you feel like you have been through the ringer on this and you are frustrated that your account is not active yet. But I assure you, you are in the right place to get the issues properly addressed. In fact, in my email reply to you on Friday, I provided some steps for you to take for common issues and asked that if that did not work that you provide me with more detailed information as to what is and is not working with your account. However, beyond your reply here in the forum, I haven't heard back from you. Again, I understand you are frustrated and have spoken with several reps already and you may be tired of re-hashing what you have already told the AdWords phone reps - but I am not an AdWords phone rep and I do not have access to those call logs. What I do have is several years of knowledge of the Ad Grants program with an untold number of nonprofits that I have been able to help over the years to successfully apply and manage their Ad Grants account. Due to my role here as a TC, I also have a direct connection with the Ad Grants team and I am able to escalate issues directly to them when it is something that I am not able to solve myself.

It may take take a few emails back and forth (it may even take several) but I am here to help you and we will get this resolved as long as you work with me and do  not give up. I escalated your issue on Friday - the Ad Grants team is investigating and I expect to hear back on Monday. In the mean time, please continue to be patient and if you could please, reply to my email to let me know if those steps I had provided worked and if not the additional information I had requested 

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Robert can (and will) help you, Donald. You have ad grants per your screen shot - so you are on the right track to regaining control! We are all here for you.

remember you cannot enter your billing information or you will void the account (per the Ad Grants setup guide here: ")

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Robert-
I appreciate you help, but I did respond to all messages, I filled out the form you sent and sent it back in.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I just got another call from one fo the phone reps telling me my account was live and all I had to do was accept the terms. So I went to do that and still it wants a credit card. Please tell you phone reps to stop calling me.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I will reply again. The account is for AdGrants (aka free ads). It will not run unless I put in a credit card which is not supposed to be how it is run. Everyone keeps hanging on the task of accepting the terms. Well to get to that page, you have to go to billing and if you try to accept the terms and leave the page without entering payment info, you can't. It si not a hard concept to grasp yet no one on your side gets what that error is.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en (Setup Guide)

I also completely agree the Ad Grants signup should be different! Let's get you going and we can change It from the inside Smiley Wink

I can answer firmly "yes 100% I have received ad grants for 3 of my 4 nonprofits I counsel"

It's game changing!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm happy for you, but I've bene waiting four months for this work, which tells me there is a larger problem.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well this explains some, emails;s bouncing

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specific and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Donald S

Did you get my email response to you after you submitted the form on Friday?