AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Grantspro: temporary reduction in budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

We were successful in our application for Grantspro in December 2014. In February 2015 we noticed our clicks reduce by half and our daily budget capped at around £100. I read on this forum that all Grantpros were capped until further notice due to internal restructure or something of that nature. 

Can anyone tell me if this is the case? I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the annual survey since we are not due to complete it until December when our first year is up. 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. 

Amy 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Grantspro: temporary reduction in budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amy S

No, Grantspro is NOT capped until further notice. It is very much alive and well at the moment however, it was closed to new applications last year and that might have been some of the comments you are reading.

With that said, if a grantee does not maintain the requirements to stay in the Grants Pro program then they are subject to be reduced down to normal Ad Grant spend levels. 

These include:

• Tracking conversions: Have conversion tracking installed and have successfully tracked at least one conversion. Also, the conversion shouldn’t be simply tracking a pageview of your homepage, but instead be tracking something like a newsletter or volunteer sign-up.
  • High CTR: Have maintained an average account level clickthrough-rate (CTR) of 1% or higher over the past 6 months.
  • Good standing: Be in good standing with the Google Ad Grants program and abide by all the program policies and guidelines.
  • Bi-weekly maintenance: Have someone in the organization committed to actively managing the account at least on a bi-weekly basis.
  • Survey completion: Complete an annual survey and agree to share impact or conversion data.

If you are meeting all of the above requirements, let me know. If I recall correctly, there was a unique situation with your account that delayed your initial approval into the program. That same issue may or may not have triggered this current reduction down to normal Ad Grant spend levels.

Re: Grantspro: temporary reduction in budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated. I can confirm we are currently meeting all the eligibility requirements:

-- We are tracking numerous conversions and have had over 300 in the past 30 days for bookings made via our web form.
-- Our av. CTR in the past 30 days is 5.42%.
-- We are regularly managing it on a daily / weekly basis.
-- We aren't due to complete the survey until December.

I've just checked with our adverting Exec. who told me we did run ads directing to a sub domain back in January. As this is outside policy, could this be the reason? We stopped those ads in February (we'll make sure we don't do that again).

Would you be able to re-instate our budget on this basis?

Thanks
Amy