Guide Me
star_border

Grantspro application denied

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I received notice today that we were not accepted for Grantpro - "your organization did not meet the minimum eligibility requirements. You can apply again in the future if your organization meets these requirements: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6022748?hl=en"

See the eligibility requirements and how we met them below. I'm not sure what we can do now as we do seem to meet all of them. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks 

Amy

• Have conversion tracking installed and be successfully tracking at least one conversion. We do for donations and other conversions. 
  • Have hit your monthly budget cap (at least $9900) for at least two different months over the last six months (they don't need to be consecutive months). We do, however our Grant Account is set to GBP, rather than USD. The client manager email is <email address edited by a Community Manager> so non-USD must have been a thing in the past 
  • Have maintained an average account level clickthrough-rate (CTR) of 1% or higher over the past 6 month period. Our average CTR is 5.2% 
  • Submit the online application detailing how you will use the increased advertising grant money. Done with detail 
  • Be in good standing with the Google Ad Grants program and abide by our program policies and guidelines
  • Have an authorized representative of the organization who manages the account at minimum on a bi-weekly basis. We have some one looking after the account daily 
  • Complete an annual survey and agree to share impact or conversion data. Do we need to opt into this before hand?

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information. This is done, per our Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect your privacy and/or account security.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amy S
September 2015

Re: Grantspro application denied

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Amy,
I have escalated this to the Ad Grants team.

For privacy protect, please edited your post to remove your email address.

Myself or someone from Google will follow back up either directly or in this thread.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Amy,

Let me look into this for you and see what you are missing. Look out for an email from our team.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert - very much appreciated, thank you! The Grants team has been in touch.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am in a similar position, where a charity I work with has passed all the eligibility requirements fully, yet we are advised the following:

We appreciate your interest in the Grantspro program. However, your organization did not meet the minimum eligibility requirements. You can apply again in the future if your organization meets these requirements: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6022748?hl=en

I can provide all the info that passes the eligibility, or start a new thread

Robert and Kathleen can you please help

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

The last paragraph on the GrantsPro requirements page is really key:
"Please note that meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the Grantspro program. We evaluate and weigh several criteria during the selection process, such as impact of the organization overall, impact of the additional programs or services the organization plans to promote with the additional grant money, and whether the plans are rooted in research and data that demonstrate how the organization plans to make the world a better place."

Each GrantsPro application is carefully evaluated and as previously noted, just meeting the minimum requirements does not in any way guarantee acceptance into the Grantspro program. The requirements are the minimum and the Ad Grants team will not give an exact reason to each and every org they reject.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert

Thanks for that, but we have exceeded the minimum requirements as did Amy the original poster. Is there any way to contact the Ad Grants Team?

Thanks

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Jason,
I'll ask someone from the AdWords team to get in touch.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've had a similar issue.

The denial email listed these 4 points that are being achieved. 

1. Tracking conversions: Have conversion tracking installed properly and be successfully tracking at least one conversion goal. Also, the conversion shouldn’t be simply tracking views of your homepage, but instead be tracking something like a newsletter or volunteer sign-up. YES. They are newsletter & potential donor sign-ups looking to learn more
  2. Hitting budget cap: Have spent $9900 or more per month for at least 2 different months over the last 6 months. The months don't need to be consecutive. See here: http://prntscr.com/946se6
  3. High CTR: 1% or higher over the past 6 months. Also Yes http://prntscr.com/946squ
  4. Good standing: Be in good standing with the Google Ad Grants program and abide by all the program policies and guidelines. I assume so, since the account is live

Can anyone from the ad-grant team comment ? It seems a generic email, and perhaps there is some other issue that needs to be addressed? 

Thanks in advance,

Jen