4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Granting AdWords Grants access to another user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we have been asked by a charity to run its adwords Grant account. The account was set up but the bloke that did it has left the charity so the admin access can be erm, accessed. After an hour on the phone, the google person said that unless we had access to the redundant email log in, it was not possible to have admin access granted to us, therefore we cannot do anything. catch 22. surely there must be a route through this, the chief exec of the charity wants to get it sorted, we have the non profit access etc etc. Very frustrating. Any advice would be great. Bruce

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Granting AdWords Grants access to another user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Does the organization have administrative access to the Google For Nonprofits account?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Mcc B

Also, have you tried this account recovery process yet? https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/login

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert thank you for the reply. i have admin access to the NonProfits account but not to the Adwords grant account although I do have the ID number. I tried the recovery process but because the original log-in email, password and person have all since disappeared it didnt seem to get very far, however I will try again
thanks BB

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Mcc B

Going through the form, there is a place to identify that this is for an Ad Grants account. Let me know the end result and we may be able to escalate if need be.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert, I've resubmitted the form with what information we have, the last access date and set up date and a guess... thank you again for your help Bruce.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, again
The sorry saga of getting access to the Adwords Grant account <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> carries on and is still not resolved. Last week ,as requested, the charity CEO sent an email to adwords-support@google.com asking to have the access transferred to us. Despite promises, nothing was transferred, and yesterday's request from adwords support was to tell me that I needed to send a 'scanned letter head of the charity with a company stamp’. I don’t even know what that means. So in the eyes of the charity, who we confidently told we could get this sorted out, we look like complete fools and I am at a complete loss as what to do next... Bruce

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specific information. This is done to protect account security.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Mcc B

Respectfully, as an agency, you should understand that these steps are in place to protect the security of the client's account.

There is a process that support has asked you to follow - have the charity CEO type up a letter on company letter head, scan it and then send it back to AdWords support as they have requested. Relay to the CEO that this is for the safety and security of their account.

In the interim, please fill out this form and I can notify the Ad Grants team about the situation so they can keep an eye out for it. Please provide detailed information of the situation and the steps you have taken.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Robert, its not the fact of getting the letter from the CEO that's the problem, it's more that it has never been requested in the previous few weeks this has been running. But that's past; I've sent the scanned letter to Adword Support this morning and filled in the form as well.
Thank you very much for your assistance. Bruce

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Mcc B

Bruce - I have forwarded the information to the Ad Grants team so that they can keep an out for it on their end as well.