5.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Grant Was Suspended, Due to Faulty Information from Adword Reps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last July, our charity used our Google Grant Adwords account to put up numerous ads that had been approved by 3 different Adwords reps, and at least one supervisor (this can easily be proven by looking over our notes, and listening to recordings of calls).

That same month, our account was deleted, because our ads violated Google Grants policy (even though, again, all ads were approved).

Had we known we were receiving faulty information from the reps (who apparently did not know Google Grant policy), we of course would not have done ANYTHING to risk losing our account. We continually strived to do everything according to the rules, and called repeatedly to double and triple check.

RobertCoats was kind enough to look into this matter for us, but for whatever reason, it was not resolved.

We would very much appreciate anyone who may have direct contact with Google Grant supervisors, looking into this issue. We really needed the Grant as a way to raise funds for our small charity, and it would be wonderful if the account could be reinstated, considering the above circumstances. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Grant Was Suspended, Due to Faulty Information from Adword Reps

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Janice,

This certainly does not sound like an ideal experience. I'd like to look into this and see if I can do anything for you.

Please look out for an email from me.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kathleen: Please disregard my previous request to re-send your email. I found it, and have sent your requested information. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Kathleen, would just like to add, in case it's relevant:
Our charity's main source of income is from car donations. However, because car donation keywords can range from around $5 - $20 or more per click, and the Grant per click amount ceiling is $2, we could not use the account for that purpose. So we tried the affiliate sales (after, as previously noted, we received the approval from a number of Adword reps)....

If we could get our suspension lifted, we will find another way to make use of the Grant, that will in no way violate policy, (even if we get approval for it again from Adword reps).
We are a very small organization, and can use all the help we can get. Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Janice,

< This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove self-promotional content. Please note that our Community Posting Guidelines specify that members do not promote any products or services here in the forum, even if AdWords related. >

I believe that I have discovered the reason your grant was pulled. Google specifically states that one of the eligibility requirements to keep your grant is that “your ads may not... request donations of cars, boats, or other property." We have extensive history in managing large AdWord campaigns.

Souce: https://www.google.com/grants/eligibility/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Logan -- Thank you very much for your response.

We were no longer doing ads for car donations, and hadn't been for a long time (nor were we aware of your noted Grant requirement, as we had been approved for a Grant). We were just trying to raise funds for our charity, through affiliate page ads, that, as I mentioned and demonstrated, were approved multiple times by Adwords.

All we want to do is get our account reinstated, so we can expand our Mission to help kids with cancer, through prevention and treatment education -- and eventually, help them financially as well. We will not be asking for car donations, and will follow all Adwords requirements (as we were led to believe we were previously -- but now understand the approvals were incorrect).

If you can give us any advice for the reinstatement of our Google Grant, we'd very much appreciate it, Logan.