5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Grant Application Support please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two separate UK registered charities have been rejected for an ad grant.

I have reviewed all the guidelines, and apart from the word "education" appearing in one of the descriptions appearing on the Charities Commission website, the actual activity is purely philanthropic.

The second charity has no such wording here, merely: "Reformation and rehabilitation of drug addicts"

The rejection email stated: "We regret to inform you that your application for NARCONON LONDON has not been approved. Your organization's primary mission, as recorded by the Charity Commission for England and Wales, did not meet our eligibility guidelines. To learn more, please refer to our eligibility guidelines at https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en. "

However, our US-counterparts have had their ad grants approved for over a year. They have the exact same mission statement, exact same activities. They have 501(c) status and our charities have the equivalent status granted by the UK's Charities Commission as listed here and here in the official .gov.uk website.

The Guidestar profiles can be found listed here

It just doesn't make sense to me that the application was rejected in under 8 seconds for each charity that I applied for.

To my understanding we do meet all the eligibility guidelines, but the automatic vetting system setting has gotten a false positive here.

So my question: is there a support desk where we can request a manual review?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen Brannstrom
September 2015

Re: Grant Application Support please

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Glad we were able to get this sorted for you - good luck with your Google Grants account!

Tony

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Ext V,
I am going to look into this for you. I'll need some more information so look out for an email from the AdWords Support team.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is so appreciated, you have no idea how much help this would provide
to people were we to get approved.
Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see the "re-apply" has appeared in my dashboard, but didn't get an email.
Should I wait for the email from AdWords Support before pushing it?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen Brannstrom
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Glad we were able to get this sorted for you - good luck with your Google Grants account!

Tony

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great help from the AdWords team - very kind assistance.