Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google for Nonprofits Application Rejected

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently manage our organization's Grantspro account and we received the email two days ago that everyone has been receiving, indicating we need to sign up for Google for Nonprofits and link our AdWords account. However, after applying, my Google for Nonprofits application was rejected because "one already exists!" When I went to apply yesterday, there was no indication that another application existed or that an account existed. 

After some digging, I am wondering if the issue is stemming from the fact that in order to register for G Suite for Nonprofits (which I am confirming with my IT manager that we actually have - not just G Suite), we first had to register for Google for Nonprofits, and if we are already registered there, perhaps that is where the duplicate application is stemming from?

When Google responded with the rejection and instructions for how to access the already existing application, I was just taken to the same application page where I had to agree to the terms and enter our TechSoup token, after which I was taken to the page that listed my organization, that our application had been rejected, and options to 'reapply' or 'Create a new application,' the latter of which just looped me back around in this process again... When I chose reapply, I was taken to a page where I could explain my reasoning for why I thought I should be approved, and attach any relevant documents. 

Is anyone else encountering this issue? Have I really messed things up by trying to apply to GFNs via my individual organization email if an account already exists because of our initial G Suite setup? Help very much appreciated. Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Stanzi,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here.  Once there is an account on record, they make it impossible for another to be accepted until they've gotten a confirmation from the original account manager.  If that person has left or forgotten, there is no way in.

The reason you're being taken to the same application page is that you're still signed in with the same google id as when you made the application.  To get around that, you have to sign into google as the person who filled out the first application.  Fine if you know that, hopeless if not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I missed this somehow. Yes, all is good. Was able to ID who established our G4NP account.