6.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google for Non-Profits, Was Wrongly Rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I applied to "Google for non-profits" for our parish church, and we were denied, the response being that google was not able to verify our non-profit status.  We are a CHURCH, and we have correctly entered our information -- including our Federal EIN, under which we are recognized by the government as a non-profit, tax exempt organization.  Additionally, we are recognized in the state of Wisconsin as a 501c3.

Because there is NO WAY to call the folks at Google for Non-Profits, there is also NO WAY to resolve this issue in a non-stressful, efficient, timely, and direct manner.  I am reduced to posting this in public, and hoping the right person, in some undisclosed location, will happen to see it -- and be of help.

I am not hopeful.

Michael Lee

http://www.sspeterpaulgb.org/

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google for Non-Profits, Was Wrongly Rejected

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@MikeLeegbw

I recognize how frustrating it can be when your organization is denied and you feel that it meets all of the eligibility guidelines.Rest assured, you are in the right place for help.

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert.

I just filled out the form, and submitted it.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Thanks Robert!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert, Since I responded to you with the form for which you asked, I have heard nothing back. Michael Lee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert, it's been 5 days since I submitted the form per your request. I have not heard anything back from you on this situation.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Apologies for the delay. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.