1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google for Non Profits- EIN Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with several non profit organizations. One snag that I have run in to is when I initially begin the process applying for Google for Non-Profits, I will get the notification that the EIN has already been registered. Is there a way to reset this? I have talked with the organizations representatives and they do not have any idea about how to approve admin requests. And these are the heads of the company (my initial suspicion is that that may have applied a while ago, not really knowing what they were doing and now don't remember the information first given).
Like I said before, is there a way that I can reset these accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google for Non Profits- EIN Issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kelly,
Hi Kelly, from your post, it sounds like you may already be familiar with the process to 'Request Administrative Access'.

That is certainly the process you should be using. While this process certainly takes time, it is there to ensure the security of the accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, and in most cases that works perfectly. I have one instance where my client kept none of the information used to originally set up the account. He has no idea what email the request would be going to, no idea how he would even begin to log in to their supposed existing account. And on top of that, there are actually 2 different accounts with 2 different spellings but using the same EIN. And it is the owner of the company that I am working directly with so I have gone to the top to make sure this is all legit. Is there is any way that we can basically start from scratch and reset any accounts connected with this particular EIN?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kelly,
When you follow the procedures to Request Administrative Access, if the original owner does not respond within 14 days, a Google representative will review the request.

Google needs to do their due-diligence to ensure the sanctity of the accounts. You cannot get around that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Absolutely, I appreciate that they are diligent in making sure that our accounts are safe. Google is amazing and I am running so many other accounts without a hitch.

I did receive the notice that Google denied the admin request. So we are just kind of stuck? Is there anything at all I can do or have the owner of the company do to re-establish the account? I just want to be able to let my client know that I have exhausted all resources in trying to resolve this issue. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Kelly,
If Google denied the admin request, then they saw a reason to do so.

I would recommend that you have your clients set up the G4NP admin themselves. That really is the best practice and when 3rd-party agencies do it , it can really creates more issues than it solves.