3.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google for Non-Profit Application Rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone assist me in finding out why my Tech Soup application for Google for Non Profits was rejected? Unable to find reason. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Terri D

I would recommend you check that your non-profit meets all Google for Non Profits eligibility requirements. 

Check for the following issues and then resubmit:

1) Your account is set to use a currency other than USD

2) Your account includes credit card or other billing info

3) Your account has features enabled that are not allowed in the AdGrants program (More on that here)

Click to learn more about Google Ad Grants rejections and how to reapply!  

Outside of these steps, the best course of action is to contact their support at 1-866-2GOOGLE (in the US) since I'm sure each non-profit is vetted on a case by case basis! 

Good luck! 

Allie 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Terri D

Was your TechSoup application rejected or were you able to get a validation token from Techsoup but your Google For Nonprofits application was rejected?

If you were rejected at the Techsoup level you will want to contact Techsoup directly regarding the issue, if it was rejected at the Google For Nonprofits level then it is likely an eligibility issue as mentioned by @Allie M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

We decided not to pursue this application any further. As we understood it we would not be able to remarket within Adwords as a Nonprofit.  Thanks for the interest though

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Allie M

You are correct. Ad Grants does not allow remarketing at this time. Only text ads via search are allowed through Ad Grants. With that said, search can still be a very powerful traffic driver for many nonprofits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't apply for Google Ad Grants.  I am not a non-profit.  It looks like my name is being confused with someone else as I see another person above using the name "Terri D.".  Can you please confirm this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobertCoats

Does this also include RLSA?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Tom K

Correct - RLSA ads are not allowed via Ad Grants.