5.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google add grant management companies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My non-profit has been recently contacted by several businesses that profess to help us get a grant for $0-$10 fee along with a fee for monthly campaign management $300-$400 on month-to-month agreements.  Is there any listing within the google grant system to verify/check-out these types of organizations. Any review system in addition to a basic google lookup for reviews?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google add grant management companies.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Camp A

First, let me say that, you (or any nonprofit reading this) should never have an agency apply to Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) on their behalf. Google wants to ensure that you, the nonprofit, are in charge of that part of the process. If an "agency" insists on doing this part for you - tell them no and find a new agency. If the agency does this part for you without your permission then reach out to me here on the forums and I will escalate it up to the G4NP and Ad Grants team - and again, find a new agency.

Applying for G4NP is flat out simple and takes less than 5 minutes. It is the easiest grant that your nonprofit will ever apply for. Do it today - in fact, do it before replying to this thread. It is super simple and if you qualify you will get an approval back in minutes - probably seconds. (In fact, go do it NOW and then come back and read the rest of what I have to say on the subject. Seriously.) 

OK, now that you are approved for G4NP - see, I told you it was easy - you are now ready to apply for Ad Grants. If you are not familiar with AdWords, this may be the part you want to outsource to a qualified agency. But you do not need to hire an agency to do this for you - you can do it yourself - regardless of what some unscrupulous agencies try to tell you or how scary they try to make the process sound - and yes, there are some unscrupulous agencies out there. And, yes, Google does have a guide for that called the Account Creation Guide For Google Ad Grants. If you follow the steps exactly as outlined in the guide, you will be fine, but if you do run into issues, you can just post back here in the help forum and get you back on the right path.

Rest assured, like AdWords, Ad Grants is something that you can learn to manage yourself and there are plenty of great resources to learn AdWords which is the basis for Ad Grants - Google's own Best Practices Guide being one of them. There is certainly a lot to learn about AdWords to be able to manage it efficiently and the Ad Grant does have its unique challenges. However, there is no need to be intimidated by those challenges. When you need help just reach out here in the Help Forum.

With that said, many organizations do find that they get better results when their Ad Grant is being professionally managed by a qualified and experienced agency. There used to be a list of qualified agencies in the Google For Nonprofits Marketplace - unfortunately, Google took the Marketplace down. My recommendation is to investigate the agency that you are wanting to work with very carefully - as I mentioned above, there are unscrupulous agencies out there. Checking to see if they are a Google Partner is a good place to start. After all, as Google states: a Google-certified agency can help you make the most of your online advertising. Agencies that are Google Partners are also agencies that have been able to prove to Google that their business is successful and their clients are happy. There are two types of Google Partners, standard Partners with a blue badge and Premier Partners with a red badge. Both Partner types are certified agencies by Google with the main difference being that Premier Partner agencies manage a much more significant level of ad spend through AdWords and are often (but not always) more established. Even if the agency has a Google Partner badge, you should always verify their status in the Google Partners directory and their is a search box in the upper right-hand of the directory where you can search by name. If their name does not pull up, then they are not a certified Google Partner agency. (NOTE: if the agency is a Google Partner then they should have the Partner badge on their website and they are required by Google to have that badge link directly to their profile in the Google Partner directory.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the information. I did also try to register and unfortunately was denied based on our mission statement. Which I'm not sure why, we seem to meet the eligibility list. Where in the system can I go for an explanation or an appeal?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Camp A

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just filled out the form. Thanks for the help!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Camp A

Unfortunately, your form reply did not post. Could you try again please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the questions, but being new to the forum. When I get to the bottom of the form it asks for input to link to the post. Where do I find that input?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Camp A

Your form has been received and I have escalated your case up to the Ad Grants team.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Robert! Appreciate the help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Camp A If you managed to get enrolled into the program, please provide me with more information about your NGO, I'd like to help (free of charge) you in your campaigns.