2.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google NonPRofit - valid charity status not recognised

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to submit our registered charity for google non profit so I can apply for an ad grant but it keeps being rejected.

I do have screen shot of our registered charity from the charity commissions website.

I hope you can help us as we are all volunteers and not for profit.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google NonPRofit - valid charity status not recognised

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wendy M

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, thank you ever so much. I can send a screen shot from the charity commission, but google says we are not on the registered charity list. We are all volunteers helping unpaid family carers. I would appreciate your advice.  I have completed the form, and sent it in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i have filled the form in but have still not had a reply, could you tell me how long this process usually takes?
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,
I sent in a copy of our accounts just before Christmas and a copy of our registration page on the charity commission website but I have not had a reply.
Is it possible for you to look into this for us?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mr. Coats,

Good evening,

I am having the same issue. I can email you the award letter for verification purposes if you like.

Thank you

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I wanted to reiterate here for the public that Google reviews your information via http://www.GuideStar.org - the information here needs to be completed and updated in full. *You do not need to upgrade your Guidestar account, simply have the profile completed*

If this is done, and you believe you are eligible for Google for Nonprofits benefits, definitely contact @RobertCoats here as he is the "go-to" expert in this matter. Just be sure you've completed your Guidestar to that point! 

I've also realized that having "extra" NTEE codes can actually disqualify you. So be sure you're classified with the required NTEE codes, and nothing superfluous.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Wendy M

Is this in reference to Chill4us? If so, I had replied on 7/29/2015 however, the email may have went to your spam folder.

It looks like the issue is not that you are not in the UK Charity online database but that your charity status is not appropriately registered with TechSoup, the validating service Google uses. 

Google is working with TechSoup Global to provide access to Google products and services. To be eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program, organizations must:

• Have a validated account with TechSoup's local partner. (Not currently a member of TechSoup? Register here).

Once you register through TechSoup you should be able to reapply without issue.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Simeon N

To make sure that we are able to appropriately address all issues and to better document and track said issues please up a new thread.

Additionally, please provide me with a bit more information and let me know the country in which your organization is registered.

Thank you.