AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business, Google Analytics, Adwords Express, And Youtube for Nonprofits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for helping: Ive been teaching myself Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools (now Search Console), webdesign and social media strategy. I saw my church had a deplorable website and wanting social presence, although they offer free counseling, free meals and other help as needed. So I signed them up for the Google for Nonprofit program and subsequently Google Apps, Google Analytics, Adwords Express Grants, YouTube for Nonprofits with Google + integration. This has been a hard road for me because so much of the setup and configuring on my end has been with so many products that I've never used before OR ive used them personally but not when setting up a nonprofit. So here are my questions:

I set up Google Grants (Adwords Express Account) under the my Google Apps for Nonprofits domain email <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. We were approved, however, when I go to Google My Business I cant see the current Adwords Express account there. It only has an Adwords account option. Is there a work around for this? Meaning add <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> to Google My Business as an owner (Google said May 23rd that there can be more than one OWNER), then maybe I could pull in the Adwords Express account? When setting up all these accounts I didn't know which emails to use and updates are awesome and common. So what's the best way to configure (emails to use) when using Analytics, Adwords, Adwords Express, Google my Business? Currently the email used for the nonprofit is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> ; I enrolled that email into a Google Analytics, Google +/ YouTube for Nonprofits accounts. CBCs analytics account has myself as an owner plus I've linked the Adwords Express Grants account to "run" in Google Analytics reports. It's reports are inaccurate, but I find I have little patience to finish my analytics training. I just need to be sure that the Adwords Express account is correct. Meaning, should I have used <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> to set up the Adwords express account or is it perfect just the way it is?

I find that if I stay logged into my Chrome browser that it will allow me to log into other accounts, but its not updating properly. I know because I was forced to use Microsoft Edge to login to Google My Business and I saw that the changes I had made were in affect. So is it a matter of clearing my cookies or cache? Or should I not log into Chrome when managing several accounts with multiple tabs open? Finally I use Google my Business, Adwords Express, and other Google apps on my iPad and iPhone- it seems like the same problem as my Chrome browser- its not showing the most current information and I don't know why. I can attach screenshots if necessary and I would so much appreciate help! I've read over several months and reread the help files from Google but I'm still stuck.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Honoree Tigrett
July 2016

Re: Google My Business, Google Analytics, Adwords Express, And Youtube for Nonprofits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi H Tigrett,

Were you able to work through this?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Honoree Tigrett
July 2016

Re: Google My Business, Google Analytics, Adwords Express, And Youtube for Nonprofits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi H Tigrett,

Were you able to work through this?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I was thank you! It took awhile and several different browsers, clearing cache, and finally reading through the boring and mundane (just being honest)....but it's functioning. Btw I have a hard time accepting when things just don't work together like they should- I spent too much time trying to fix it, but I couldn't just accept it the way it was. Next time I'll just throw salt over my shoulder or pretend not to notice Smiley Wink