2.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants multiple clients

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am certified in adwords, I run a digital marketing agency, and I want to help a non profit charity get Google grants.  They deal with something I've been very passionate about my whole life; and I figure ever since learning about Google grants, that it would be a great way to help put my "2 cents in" as it were to help progress this particular cause.  So I was about to contact this charity to help them get set up with Google grants and offer to manage their account, and I happened to tell my friend about what I was doing.  She's a great friend of over 14 years and I recently found out that she's the on board as treasurer of a non profit that helps women with trauma.  Now she wants me to help them get set up and to have me manage their account, which I have no problem doing...  But would that prevent me from being able to help the charity that I initially wanted to help?  Is there a limit to how many charities I can help set up Google Grants with? 

Also, I read somewhere that they can only be qualified for Google grants if someone who is certified with Google adwords is working on their ad grant accounts.  Is that true?  Because I can no longer find where I read that.  So do they need someone like me to even get the ball rolling?  And also, how would that work?  Would I just sign them up under my agencies existing MCC account?  Thanks in advanced and sorry for the many questions!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael S
November 2015

Re: Google Grants multiple clients

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michael S

Thanks for posting here in our community.

Yes, you can certainly help these nonprofits set up their Google Ad Grant accounts. Just be sure that it is the nonprofit themselves that enrolls in and sets up the Google for Nonprofits profile and is the admin of that account. (You may certainly help guide them through this process, but Google wants to ensure that they are the admin on this account.)

And yes, you can certainly help more than one nonprofit. You would link these to your MCC the same as any other AdWords account and manage them accordingly.

Regarding the following question, "Also, I read somewhere that they can only be qualified for Google grants if someone who is certified with Google AdWords is working on their ad grant accounts. Is that true?" - No, it certainly is not true and if you come across where you had read this please share it with me so that I can alert the Ad Grants team about this misinformation. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael S
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michael S

Thanks for posting here in our community.

Yes, you can certainly help these nonprofits set up their Google Ad Grant accounts. Just be sure that it is the nonprofit themselves that enrolls in and sets up the Google for Nonprofits profile and is the admin of that account. (You may certainly help guide them through this process, but Google wants to ensure that they are the admin on this account.)

And yes, you can certainly help more than one nonprofit. You would link these to your MCC the same as any other AdWords account and manage them accordingly.

Regarding the following question, "Also, I read somewhere that they can only be qualified for Google grants if someone who is certified with Google AdWords is working on their ad grant accounts. Is that true?" - No, it certainly is not true and if you come across where you had read this please share it with me so that I can alert the Ad Grants team about this misinformation. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@RobertCoats
Hi Robert! Thank you very much for the timely response and the info! I've had my eye on this particular cause for quite some time and was ecstatic when I heard about Google Grants. I am so thrilled to know that I can pursue helping this charity as well as helping my friend. I certainly did not want to have to choose and disappoint her. And yes if I ever remember where I read that misinformation I will certainly let you know. Thanks again for the response and Happy Thanksgiving!