5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants if already on Apps for Education

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a UK registered charity, and have Google 'Apps for Education'. We would like to start using adwords, under the free Grants program. For that do we need to apply separately to be accepted as a charity under the 'Google for non-profits' scheme? And is it any problem that we are already on Apps for Education?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Grants if already on Apps for Education

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Allan,
If you are already in the apps for education program, then I would assume that you are an educational organization and as such you would not be eligible for the Google for nonprofits program.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are a non-profit/charity, rather than educational. I understand that before March 2014 (we signed up in 2013) non-profits were allowed to use the Education edition of Google apps. Google Grants for adwords was standalone - one applied for non-profit authorisation for that separately. From March I understand Google's non-profit offering was consolidated (Google for nonprofits) but people signed up before then continued on the old arrangements. So I'm wondering how getting into Google adwords for non-profits now works given we have Google apps for education under the old arrangements.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Allan,
Hmmm... I see. Only Educational organizations should be using the educational version of apps.

However, that not withstanding, when you sign up for Google For Nonprofits, Apps and Ad Grants are two separate products that you can enroll into. As such, if you are eligible to for Google For Nonprofits UK you are highly encouraged to enroll. If you are approved, you can then sign up for Google Ad Grants without issue.