Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants for affiliates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya, 

I'm wondering if someone could help as I can't seem to get an answer from google on this. I just started working for a charity and they have multiple offices (all seperately registered charities) around the world, but just one central website. 

I think this means that as a global charity using one domain, we are eligiable for 1 google grant for that domain, but one of our country offices is insisting that it grants are country specific, i.e. they can each have a grant even though they are all using the same domain. 

I don't think she's right, but can anyone shine a light on this? 

Many thanks!

Vi 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Grants for affiliates

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Violet,

You can apply for separate Google Ad Grants accounts if each chapter is separately registered and has it's own EIN (or international charity status equivalent).

Let me know if this answers your question!
Cassie

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Violet O
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Violet O

To add on to @CassieH's excellent reply, I would just add that each registered charity would also need their own website.

While each entity could apply for Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) using their own EIN or country-specific charity ID, only one account would be allowed per domain and only one Ad Grant account could be set up to market the nonprofit's website. So yes, you are correct that the nonprofit is only eligible for one Ad Grant for that one domain. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Robert, that's what I thought. If they had their own websites, it would be different, but it's all one domain with sub sections for different countries.

Many thanks! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for the reply Cassie Smiley Happy Really appreciated!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

An idea would be to simply point the sub domains and the new domain (maybe with the country code level domain, for example) to the same file folder, the work is just getting your index into than folder and creating a sitemap. I think it's worth it for the benefits Smiley Wink feel free to contact me here if you need any help setting this up. -- Brian Kelly B Sharp, LLC <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> *Non scholae, sed vitae discimus*

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. For safety and security reasons, please do not share personal information like email addresses or account numbers on the Community.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Violet O

"...but it's all one domain with sub sections for different countries."

When you mention sub-sections, are you referring to subdomains? As in uk.nonprofit.org and us.nonprofit.org?

If so, then subdomains are allowed and would be treated as separate websites. The 'parent' organization would then apply using www.nonprofit.org