AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants country eligibility

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I would like to ask a question regarding our eligibility to Google Grants.

We are the Greek regional office of a larger international NGO.  I can see that in the list of eligible countries for the Ads Grants, Greece is absent. So, my question is, if our status as a regional office of a larger NGO can make us eligible for the Grant, despite us being based in Greece. And If not, are there any plans to make Greece an eligible country?

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimitris L
February 2016

Re: Google Grants country eligibility

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dimitris L

Your charity would need to be qualified in its country of origin as its own organization. If your international 'parent' organization is eligible, then it is possible that they could advertise their regional locations if those regional locations were a part of the approved international website or if they submitted a request to promote additional websites and were approved.

With all that said, there have been several requests lately by charities in Greece and I have spoken with the Ad Grants team about those. Google does recognize the need. If the Google For Nonprofits and Ad Grants programs launch in Greece, it will certainly be announced here in the community. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimitris L
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dimitris L

Your charity would need to be qualified in its country of origin as its own organization. If your international 'parent' organization is eligible, then it is possible that they could advertise their regional locations if those regional locations were a part of the approved international website or if they submitted a request to promote additional websites and were approved.

With all that said, there have been several requests lately by charities in Greece and I have spoken with the Ad Grants team about those. Google does recognize the need. If the Google For Nonprofits and Ad Grants programs launch in Greece, it will certainly be announced here in the community. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your quick and helpful response.