Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants Pro Eligibility

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We are quite familiar with the eligibility requirements for Google Grants Pro, but I do have a question about one of them.

It mentions that we need to spend $9,900 in two months over a six month period which is extremely clear. My question is: does the account need to have been active for at least six months? There is no language I can find from Google about how long a nonprofit needs to have been using the Grant.

Let's say we become eligible for the Ad Grant today and launch our campaign. The campaign is extremely successful and since July and August both have 31 days, we spend $10,000 two months in a row. Following August, would we be able to apply for GrantsPro, even though the account had been active only about three months?

Really appreciate any feedback, I know this is a more in depth question. Also if anyone has other questions about how GrantsPro works I would be happy to answer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Grants Pro Eligibility

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael G

No, an Ad Grants account does not need to be active for at least 6 months before applying to Grantspro status. With that said, it certainly helps - there needs to be enough data in an account to be able to fully determine that the current Ad Grant is being used effectively to support the mission of the nonprofit. Spending the full budget only plays a small part of that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Is revival of the Ad GrantsPro programme somewhere in the pipeline? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been monitoring for any new updates about this but nothing has been announced. Would love to know if anyone else has any insights! 

# 5
Ad Grants Featured Contributor

@President A

Sadly, no. And they now refer to it as Legacy GrantsPro which doesn't make it sound like it will ever come back.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

All 

Grantspro is closed to all new applicants and will not be reopening.