AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants, Cost? What about exceeding the limit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I work for a non-profit organization in California. This sounds like a great program, but I have some questions:

1) Is there an initial start-up cost? For example: is there a cost to sign up for AdWords?

2) What would happen if we exceed the $10,000/month limit? Would our non-profit organization be charged? Would we notified if the limit had been exceeded?

3) What has your overall experience been like regarding this program? Good, bad, ugly? Thank you for your thoughts!

Thank you for any feedback,

Kadee

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kadee D

1) With the exception of the cost of internal staff (or hiring a 3rd-party agency) to manage the account, there is no initial or ongoing costs for the Ad Grants program. With that said, many organizations have staff on hand that are able to manage the account and do not require additional staff or outsourcing.

2) You will not exceed the allocated budget. The system is set to only spend $329/day(+/-) so you will only spend the allocated budget. Also, Ad Grant accounts are set up in the system as "not billed" accounts - so as long as you do not enter in a credit card, you will not be billed. Once a credit card is entered, it turns into a regular "paid" AdWords account and you will be responsible for all charges. But as long as you do not enter in a credit card during set up, this is all easily avoided.

3) The experience will be different for each organization but overall, the Ad Grants program has been highly praised. Ad Grants, much like AdWords, takes some time to learn before you are proficient. As with anything, the experience that you get out of it is largely based on the time you put in to it.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

@RobertCoats is THE Ad Grants expert! In my limited experience with Ad Grants, it can be a challenge to actually spend the potential budget, due to all the limitations on the advertising. So, for a number of reasons, you don't have to worry at all about any ad costs or charges from Google. Smiley Happy

Tom

Re: Google Grants, Cost? What about exceeding the limit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great! Thank you!

Re: Google Grants, Cost? What about exceeding the limit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, thank you so much @RobertCoats!