AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grants Ad Words Approval- our website isn't irrelevant!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I'm the ED of a nonprofit member of Google for Nonprofits.  I've submitted our first Google Grants/Ad Words campaign for approval three times, and it keeps coming back with the message "Correct the errors in your AdWords account- Your ads lead to an irrelevant website."  But the ads lead to a page on our own domain (http://www.awarewildlife.org/nightowl/) advertising one of our events (a 5k race, 100% of the proceeds of which go towards our budget and our nonprofit mission).  Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Scott L

There are several things that could be up later. Most common with this type of error is that the final URL used in the ad is not a part of the approved domain name within the Google For Nonprofits account.

Of course, there could be other issues involved as well that would require investigation.

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you, Robert!  The first time the ad was pointing to an external site for our event, but I corrected that so it points at the landing page on our own domain I linked to above, so I'm not sure what's wrong now. I submitted the info on the form you provided, so I'll wait for a response.  Thank you in advance!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Robert- any luck with this so far?  I'd love to get it working...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Robert, just nagging again.  Let me know when you've got something.  Thanks!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Robert, or anyone else.  It's been ten days, and I still can't get it approved even though its going directly to our own domain.  Is anybody out there?  Lemme know- thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Scott L

Apologies on the delay - I am working on getting an answer for you and will follow back up shortly.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Awesome- thank you!  And sorry for my impatience :-)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Robert- any luck?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Robert,

Just checking in again.  The ad points to our own domain (www.awarewildlife.org) so I'm really stumped.  Please help if you can.  Thanks!