5.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grant tied to two accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an issue where I'm trying to set up my google grant account for a non-profit. When I complete the application, I get an email saying that the administrator has been contacted, only I am the administrator. I'm wondering if there is an error in the way our account is set up. This is the text of the email I receive after submitting an application. Any ideas, possible reasons for this odd email, or ways I can get this fixed?

Hello,

This email is to confirm that we have sent your request for administrative access to the current administrator(s) of the Google for Nonprofits membership account for [ORGANIZATION DELETED]. The current administrator(s) have 14 days to respond to your request. If the administrator(s) do not respond within 14 days, a Google representative will review the request and may transfer ownership of the Google for Nonprofits membership account to you if they can verify you are a member of the organization.

Sincerely,

The Google for Nonprofits Team

N/A
# 2
N/A

In case someone from Google looks at this, here is the account the Google Grants should be tied to.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

That message means there is already a Google For Nonprofits account that uses your organization's tax ID. You can't create a second account, so it emailed the current admin to ask if they want to add your email to the existing account.

Somebody at your organization already created an account. Everybody should check their email to see if they're getting the admin's emails. Otherwise, wait 14 days like the email says.