AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grant denial

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with The Salvation Army in the vehicle donation and sales department for SoCal. I recently applied for Google Grants and was denied.

The denial notice read:

"We were unable to determine the relationship between The Salvation Army - Vehicle Donations and Sales and the charity ID provided"

When applying, I saw several other TSA branches who hold Google Grant accounts to choose from but we are technically our own unit. So I requested to have our own.

I know TSA meets all the Google Grant eligibility criteria.

I know our vehicle department is technically its own branch according to the TSA divisions.
What did I do wrong?
Why were we denied?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google Grant denial

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mayumi,
Welcome to the community.

The are two things, one is the being able to determine the relationship with the charity ID provided. You have to be able to show proof of that relationship.  

The second is that you are not eligible to run ads based on the service you offer.

From the Google Ad Grants Eligibility page:

• Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.

All in all, even if you could show relationship with the charity ID provided, you would still not be able to run ads.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mayumi,
Welcome to the community.

The are two things, one is the being able to determine the relationship with the charity ID provided. You have to be able to show proof of that relationship.  

The second is that you are not eligible to run ads based on the service you offer.

From the Google Ad Grants Eligibility page:

• Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.

All in all, even if you could show relationship with the charity ID provided, you would still not be able to run ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Robert!