AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grant account approved and account set up but cannot remove my billing info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently applied for and was approved for a Google Grants account. I set up the account with my existing Google account.  

I was asked for billing info and saw the remedy was to just accept the terms and conditions for the account. Then that request for billing info would go away. But, when I went into my account to do it, it has my credit card on file. I tried to remove it but it doesn't give me that option. I have a feeling because it is in there for other Google products.

So, am I going to have to cancel this Adwords and then set up another account?  And then do I have to go through and reapply for a Google account?  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Google Grant account approved and account set up but cannot remove my billing info

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Holly P

Unfortunately, once an AdWords account has billing information tied to it it cannot be used for Ad Grants. You will have to create a new Google account that is not tied to any billing information and then recreate the AdWords account for use with Ad Grants.

To avoid recreating the account from scratch, you may try to download the account into AdWords Editor and complete the account creation process there, being sure to follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and then you can upload the account back to AdWords and then complete the account submission process as listed in step 4 of the Account Creation 

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Great question. I think you'll probably need to reach out to AdWords support to get this figured out.

You can get in touch with them through this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636359032288758132-174074386&rd=1

I hope that helps!

John

Re: Google Grant account approved and account set up but cannot remove my billing info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Holly P

Unfortunately, once an AdWords account has billing information tied to it it cannot be used for Ad Grants. You will have to create a new Google account that is not tied to any billing information and then recreate the AdWords account for use with Ad Grants.

To avoid recreating the account from scratch, you may try to download the account into AdWords Editor and complete the account creation process there, being sure to follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and then you can upload the account back to AdWords and then complete the account submission process as listed in step 4 of the Account Creation