AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grant Application Keeps Getting Denied

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can help us. Our society (The East Harlem Giglio Society) is under the auspices of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Shrine Churce located at 448 East 116th Street in NYC. We were established under the church on December 20th 2000.

Here is our Mission Statement:

East Harlem Giglio society is a diverse religious and cultural organization of Catholics of Our Lady of Mt Carmel Shrine Church in East Harlem New York City. Under the auspices of the Catholic Church and the United States Catholic Conference, we are dedicated to honoring and encouraging devotion to our patron Saint Anthony of Padua by organizing and producing our annual Giglio and procession. In addition: our mission includes, in what was once the largest Italian neighborhood in the United States, preserving the Italian American traditions, culture, history and heritage; and strengthening the older and current community. East Harlem is one of the most undeserved and poorest communities in New York City, by supporting, both morally and fiscally via the Catholic Church and our neighborhood’s other non-profit institutions which seek to improve the lives of our neighbors and community members.

We are trying to apply for a Google Grant under for our website www.EastHarlemGiglio.org but when we submit the application we keep getting denied and not sure what to do at this point. We keep getting a denial saying that an application already exists which I am not sure where this would be as this is the first time we are trying to apply. We have two applications in our account both of which are rejected and not sure how to proceed moving forward. Here is how our account looks at this point: http://prntscr.com/cl2ec5

We have all paperwork proving our status under the nonprofit as an affiliate. I saw in another post that there is a form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciTGPlH77Q-jOOmjKW3mvVHHqSz4IWp9WPVrmCDiBKT0yGEA/viewform) which can be submitted but have not done so because I wanted to get some feedback here first.

If anyone could help our society would greatly appreciate it.

All the best,

Thomas

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Grant Application Keeps Getting Denied

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Giglio Society o,

You should not keep applying as it seems there are more than application involved, which is what you do not want. Use this troubleshooter if you applied for the Google Ad Grants program and haven't received an email with the status of your application.

How long does it take for Ad Grants applications to be reviewed?

You should get an email response from the Ad Grants team within 10 business days from the date you applied for the program.

What can I do if I haven't heard back?

If you haven't received an email from the Ad Grants team within 10 business days of submitting your application, try the following:

• Check the spam folder in your email in case it was accidentally sent there.
  • If you applied through Google for Nonprofits, log in to google.com/nonprofits and check the status listed under Ad Grants.
  • Contact the AdWords team who can look into the status of the application for you.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello James,

Thanks for the response. We have heard back and each time it is rejected. The last time though took about 7 days and we had our fingers crossed but the response was there was already an application. So I will call Adwords and see what they have to say. 

Thanks!

Thomas

Re: Google Grant Application Keeps Getting Denied

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Giglio Society o

Google uses the Guidestar database to determine charity status of organizations applying to Google For Nonprofits. When I did a search of the Guidestar database, I did not find a charity listed under the name of Giglio Society of East Harlem. If you are applying as an affiliate of a nonprofit under a different name, you would still need to be listed as a "subordinate" organization under that "parent" organization to be able to apply. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Robert,

We actually got approved about a week ago finally and also approved for adwords and rest of products.

Thanks for the response.

Best,

Thomas

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor