Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grant Account soon to be Grants Pro - which currency to use

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with a quick question. I work for a UK Charity and we currently have Google Grants, our account however is in GBP and have never had any problems with it in this currency.

We are applying for Grants Pro but have read we would need our currency to be in US Dollars if we were to be granted Pro. 

My question is, do we now need to close our Grant Account and set up a new one in US Dollars? Or could we continue with GBP?

Thank you for the help

Danielle 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danihughesy2444
September 2015

Re: Google Grant Account soon to be Grants Pro - which currency to use

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Danielle,
I have forwarded your information on to the Grants team so that they can investigate. You can feel free to remove your above post if you would like. For safety reasons, email addresses should not remain posted.

I will let you know once i hear back from the Grants team or someone from Google will reach out to you directly.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Danielle,
The guidelines for the grants programmes have spend guidelines (cap, spend requirements) in USD to standardise the amounts across all regions. However, if you have had your account in GBP then as long as you are meeting the criteria for the Pro accounts when you convert currencies from USD to GBP, that should be fine.

My recommendation would be to apply though the GrantsPro Application Form (http://www.google.com/grants/grantspro.html ). All applications are reviewed, and they will revert back to you if you have any issues.

Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Danielle,
Since Grant accounts can (or in this case, should) only be set up in USD, it would be very unlikely for one to slip through the system with GBP instead of USD. You are most likely looking at an account that is set up as a regular paid account and not a Grants account. The key phrase here is "most likely" and not "absolutely" so the Ad Grants team would like to investigate this instance:

Please provide me with the following information:

• Your charity name.
  • The URL of the website you are promoting.
  • The last 4 of the Customer ID# of the account.

Once the Ad Grants team gets back to me with their findings, I will be able to let you know next steps so that you can move forward with GrantsPro.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help on this,
Charity name is The British Heart Foundation
URL is: www.bhf.org.uk
last 4 of customer ID is: <edited>

My Manager also notified me that the client Manager email address in our Grant account is:
<edited>

If that helps at all
Kind regards,
Danielle

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information. This is done, per our Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and/or account security. Per the note from RobertCoates, please feel free to remove the post entirely if you wish, starting at the gear icon at the top-right of the post.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danihughesy2444
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Danielle,
I have forwarded your information on to the Grants team so that they can investigate. You can feel free to remove your above post if you would like. For safety reasons, email addresses should not remain posted.

I will let you know once i hear back from the Grants team or someone from Google will reach out to you directly.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Danielle,
The grants team is aware of the situation. Go ahead and apply with the *current* account and they will keep an eye out for it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fantastic thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Another question for you, we've been Grants Pro! Very exciting
Now as our account is still in GDP we need to change this over to US as you said
What would be the next steps and who is best to speak to about this?
We've been told we need to have the quality score to Campaign level is this right?

Hope you can help
Kind regards,
Dani

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Dani,
Congratulations on being accepted into GrantsPro! The Ad Grants team is aware of your unique situation with GBP and you will need to keep it as is since you would have to create a new account to change the currency. Again, the Ad Grants team is aware of your unique situation and you are good to go in that regards.

Regarding quality score, one of the requirements of GrantsPro is to maintain an average account level clickthrough-rate (CTR) of 1% or higher over. Since this is also a requirement to be eligible in the first place, just maintain it and you will be fine.

If you need anything, feel free to reach back out.