fair business practice warning and DISCLAIMER as follows:

Adwords advertising is a high tech science, that requires many
hours of training to obtain "certification" that is obligatory to make
Adwords a success. The Google Adwords grant is useless without this
certification, and non profit organization should be warned about this
and the fact that attempting to pursue the grant without this certification
will likely result in nothing but serious loss of time from your mission
statement . Google is sorry that even though we make billions of dollars we
really do not care enough about philanthropy to actually make a cash donation to
your cause but rather want the branding of your organization so that is why
we offer the grant.

This grant lost our organization almost two years of loss of time from
mission statement work damages while not making one dollar.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Fraud?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Quote:

>> "Google Adwords are for products and services and require stringent scientific training for "certification."

The only claim of yours I agree with, is that AdWords requires training.. However; this is not the only internet service that requires training. Software that runs sophisticated algorithms needs training and learning..... This is how science and engineering work...Smiley Surprised

As for your Google grants complaints. those should be posted on the Google grants help forum

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Carsafe  (Kay perhaps?),

I recall quite a lengthy exchange I had with you/your organization about your Google Grants Account and how you were ready to move up to the $40,000 level etc...I also remember you wanted us to take the Grants test for you.

Using AdWords does not require certification, it does require time to learn though and time to manage, regularly...

This post honestly blows my mind...I can't possibly see how you would consider a $120,000 - $480,000 annual advertising gift a scam.  

Also, Google does give back in very significant ways to non-profits and charities, I'm afraid you are mistaken there as well - http://www.google.com/giving/

Unfortunately, your success (however you define it) or lack thereof via AdWords is not Google's problem nor are they responsible. We see the same thing happen with paid businesses as well.  Any business (non or for profit) needs to fully understand what they're getting into with any business process or advertising effort.  If it's beyond what you can handle, then perhaps it's not a good fit for your organization.  Google is simply the provider of the service and they state this, black and white in the Terms of Service.

I wish you all the best but this is the furthest thing from a fraud.

Now, If you have any questions about how to work within your account, we're more than happy to try and help.  As previously mentioned, you can also seek help on the Grants Forum.  I think you'll also find many users who have found success using Grants.  

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have had a rather lengthy exchange with them as well on more than one occasion. The last time, they hung up on me for defending the Grants program.

I too wish them the very best.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author carsafe
August

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes !!!!!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2013  thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.