Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Account Hacked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm posting this in hopes to gain some insight to getting our AdWords account back. I have been in contact with multiple Google Adwords representatives and dealt with a number of e-mails in regards to the situation. This is the issue:

I work for a Non-Profit Organization that was approved for G-Suite and some other Google Non-Profit perks. The issue is when we attempted to create an AdWords account for Google Grants which is said we were already approved for. (Little did we know that somebody a few years ago submitted the application). We thought it was already approved due to the organization status. I initially created an account to use with the grant and I used the necessary settings. The account wasn't "approved for the grant" which is when the problems started.

I contacted support and they said that it wasn't the correct account associated with the grant. I would like to point out that nobody had created the account or had applied for the grant within our organization. The Google Support Representative then gave me access to the correctly associated account. This account that I was given access to wasn't our account. The account was completely suspended and was used to advertise weight loss supplements and making money quickly online. I checked the change history in the account that was given to me by the representative and it was associated with an e-mail in a different language and country. (This was located at +4 GMT(Tbilisi) where we are located in New York). I did a quick Google Search on the e-mail and it comes up with multiple scam videos/websites/tutorials.

I contacted AdWords support again and I spoke to somebody else. He was looking into the situation and couldn't help me any further after a couple of calls/e-mails back and forth. This lead to me filling out a form to appeal the suspension. This was denied due to violations but, the violations weren't caused by my organization.

I hope that this issue can be resolved and we can have access to our grant. I don't know of any other support outlets other than posting on here looking for additional advice. The Google Grant being used for our organization would be unbelievably beneficial. This could potentially hurt some of our organizations' future plans.

Thank you for any insight/support in advance.

Matt

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew G

It certainly sounds like you have a less-than optimal experience. 

I'll be glad to escalate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

The problem here is that Google hears all sorts of excuses regarding suspended accounts. For example, recently someone here found out that their son had run an AdWords account from the same computer, which was suspended.

Even though you or I can probably tell if an explanation is legit or not, that might not be how Google's processes work.

On the other hand, Google should be aware of how appealing a Grant account must be to hackers and spammers...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand, "I contacted support and they said that it wasn't the correct account associated with the grant."

How come you ended with an access to a "standard" account promoting  "weight loss", while applying for grants?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew G

It certainly sounds like you have a less-than optimal experience. 

I'll be glad to escalate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a new AdWords account since I saw it was "approved" on the Non-profit admin panel. Nobody else in our organization made an AdWords account and I used the administrator account to create the AdWords account. I talked to support and they sent the account that was actually associated with our organization which was not created by us but, by an e-mail in a different language and timezone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It appears someone had set up an ad grants account under my non profits name and they ran an ad that got the account got suspended. Can I fill out this form to help with that?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Michael B

Yes. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Robert! I have submitted the form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been a few days, haven't got any update on my non-profits ad grants status.  Were you able to escalate the issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had the exact same issue. What was the resolution for you, Michael?