AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdGrants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have my adgrants account which is active. I now want to start selling stuff through shopify, all the proceeds of which are 100% for the non-profit cause I set up the adgrants account for in the first place. One of the conditions of adgrants is that all ads refer to the domain that the account was registered on. However a shop on shopify is always hosted on a shopify server. I can obviously automatically link it to the domain I registered for adgrants, so consumers would only see an URL with that domain. However in reality consumers would be directed to a shop.shopify.com domain although they would see my domain name in their URL-bar. Question: would I in this situation still be respecting the rule that all my ads refer to the domain that I registered or not. I other words, would using shopify as an commerce platform force me to breach the google adgrants conditions? 

An alternative would be to customize an e-shopping platform and host it on my site but that is unaffordable, so I have to work with a few click tailor-made solution like shopify. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google AdGrants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The URLs you use in your ads and landing pages must be those that reside under the approved domain name. Platform (Spotify, Wordpress, etc.) is not an issue as long as the domain shows as your approved domain name and the domain name/URL of the platform.

Re: Google AdGrants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tnx Robert. Appreciate your help!