AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdGrants - No Longer Need An Adwords Certified Partner?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

My question is in regards to whether or not a 501c3 organization needs a Google certified Adwords Partner anymore?

I was under the impression that in the past they needed someone to manage the Adwords account who was certified - but this does not seem to be the case anymore.

Is anyone able to elaborate on this?

Thank you 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devin S
August 2016

Re: Google AdGrants - No Longer Need An Adwords Certified Partner?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Devin S,

There is no requirement to be a AdWords Certified Partner with regards to setting up and managing a Google Ad Grants account. 

Eligibility before applying

To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants program, organizations need to meet these requirements:

• Hold current and valid charity status, as determined by your country.
  • Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
  • Have a functioning website with substantial nonprofit content.

The following organizations are not eligible for Google Ad Grants:

• Governmental entities and organizations
  • Hospitals and medical groups
  • Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations may be eligible)

The Google Ad Grants program is currently open in these countries.

Eligibility for maintaining your account

Once your AdWords account has been activated by the Ad Grants team, there are still requirements that must be followed to continue eligibility in the program:

• Your ads must:
    • Only link to the one nonprofit website domain that was approved in the application, unless you successfullyrequested an exemption
    • Reflect the mission of the approved nonprofit organization and your keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit's programs and services
  • Your ads must not:
    • Strictly promote commercial advertising. If you plan to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and proceeds must support your program.
    • Link to pages that are used primarily as links to other websites
    • Offer financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or car, boat or property donations and related keywords
  • You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by:
    • Logging in once a month
    • Making at least one change to your account every 90 days
  • Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants

Any recipients of an Ad Grants account found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devin S
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Devin S,

There is no requirement to be a AdWords Certified Partner with regards to setting up and managing a Google Ad Grants account. 

Eligibility before applying

To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants program, organizations need to meet these requirements:

• Hold current and valid charity status, as determined by your country.
  • Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
  • Have a functioning website with substantial nonprofit content.

The following organizations are not eligible for Google Ad Grants:

• Governmental entities and organizations
  • Hospitals and medical groups
  • Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations may be eligible)

The Google Ad Grants program is currently open in these countries.

Eligibility for maintaining your account

Once your AdWords account has been activated by the Ad Grants team, there are still requirements that must be followed to continue eligibility in the program:

• Your ads must:
    • Only link to the one nonprofit website domain that was approved in the application, unless you successfullyrequested an exemption
    • Reflect the mission of the approved nonprofit organization and your keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit's programs and services
  • Your ads must not:
    • Strictly promote commercial advertising. If you plan to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and proceeds must support your program.
    • Link to pages that are used primarily as links to other websites
    • Offer financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or car, boat or property donations and related keywords
  • You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by:
    • Logging in once a month
    • Making at least one change to your account every 90 days
  • Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants

Any recipients of an Ad Grants account found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

For the record, there has never been a requirement that a Google Partner was required for the setup and management of Google Ad Grants. There is however a requirement that the Ad Grant be actively managed. However the grantee is able to do this themselves.

If you see it posted anywhere that it states that a Google Partner is required, please let me know and I will see about having the misnformation corrected.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Robert. I don't remember where I learned that. Maybe I just misconstrued the information. Either way I appreciate the reply. I will let you know if I come across where I saw that.

Best,

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hi Devin:

I managed grants accounts before I became certified. However, I have since become certified in search advertising. What I learned in the process has greatly improved the performance of these accounts. It's worth taking a look at the courses if your time permits.

Neil