AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grants counting toward spend in partner certification... or not?

# 1
Ad Grants Featured Contributor

Hello, I asked this question over in the Partners forum: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Get-Certified/Partner-certification-spend-and-Google-Ad-Gr...

I'm asking the same question here because the answers I got were contradictory, I'm not sure who's right, and I think I should have asked here in the first place to get the official version.

"If I'm aiming for partner certification, and need to achieve a spend amount, do Google Ad Grants count towards that?"

The reason I ask is that all my clients are non-profits using Ad Grants, and I'd really like to be able to say I'm a Google partner when I offer this service.

Having come this far in the process, I don't want to abandon it until I'm absolutely certain what the rule is.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason King
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jason K

As I answered in that other thread: Google Ad Grants is NOT to be used to meet the ad spend requirements of Google Partner status.

This is direct from the Ad Grants team.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason King
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jason K

As I answered in that other thread: Google Ad Grants is NOT to be used to meet the ad spend requirements of Google Partner status.

This is direct from the Ad Grants team.

# 3
Ad Grants Featured Contributor

Cheers Robert, I'm still figuring out who does what. Thanks for the official word on this.