AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grants and eCommerce?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I'd like to know if it's possible to use the Google Ad Grant program to promote traditional artists & traditional objects sold online by our non-profit organization.

The products are sold by using an eCommerce site withing our subdomain.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August 2017

Re: Google Ad Grants and eCommerce?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Alfred N

To be clear, there are two policies that would apply. The Ad Grants eligibility page states the following:

Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

Additionally, the policy on mission-based campaigns would also apply.

So while it is true that you can use Google Ad Grants to promote products you have to make sure that you are in strict compliance with the policies and guidelines. If your organization is found to be in violation of those guidelines and policies your Ad Grant account is subject to cancellation without notice.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alfred,

Yep, you can use Google Ad Grants to promote products sold online, as long as the revenue from those products is going towards your nonprofit.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help, John!

I'm happy to hear this as the revenue is used in the nonprofit.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Alfred N

To be clear, there are two policies that would apply. The Ad Grants eligibility page states the following:

Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

Additionally, the policy on mission-based campaigns would also apply.

So while it is true that you can use Google Ad Grants to promote products you have to make sure that you are in strict compliance with the policies and guidelines. If your organization is found to be in violation of those guidelines and policies your Ad Grant account is subject to cancellation without notice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, 

thanks for your reply so far - can I use AdGrants combined with amazon.smile or is amazon the 3rd party here?

Thanks for your help