Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grants & Application Advertising

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

I have set up a Google Grants AdWords Account for a client of mine but I have following doubts:

- Can I advertise with Grants a mobile App? It should be possible, since the Search Network is for Grants allowed. Could someone confirm that?

- As far as I know, App-Installation and Interaction Ads should be possible, right?

Otherwise, what option do I have with Grants and an App?

The third question ist: has anyone of you lost the access to the account, due to the not regular login?

Has anyone also practical experience with YouTube for Non-Profits? How does it differs from the normal You-Tube Advertising?

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ad Grants & Application Advertising

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe you also know if with Grants, I can use App extension Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jennifer Maria M

Ad Grants does not currently allow for the promotion of Apps through Google Play - however, this is something that is being considered (as you will see from my App survey post earlier this week. Currently, only text ads on Google Search are allowed for Ad Grant campaigns however, you CAN use app ad extensions in those text ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert,
thank you for your quick answer!
App ad extensions sounds like the best solution for my case. I was wondering also, if this extensions, can be rejected due to domain problems.
The text ads will link to one domain and the app would have another domain, I guess.

Thank you again,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You could only do app extensions through Google Play or the iOS App Store. No other links would be allowed.