AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grants - What currency is used in my AdWords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've just recently gone through the steps of creating my account and first campaign for the Google Ad Grants account. In the instructions it says to confirm that the currency is "set to US Dollars" and that "No Billing information is added". When I click in Billing it just asks me to "select the Country or territory that your billing address is located" but I can't confirm that the currency is set to US Dollars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junior B
January 2016

Re: Google Ad Grants - What currency is used in my AdWords account?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Junior B

It is VERY important that you ignore requests for billing information. Entering in any information within billing will turn the account into a regular paid AdWords account. Please read the following help article: Ignore requests for billing information for additional information.

Equally important is that you follow the steps as outlined in the Account Creation Guide.

Particularly Step 4: Submit your account for review

1. Go into your account and confirm the following:

• Currency set to US Dollar: The bids and budgets in your campaign should be shown in US Dollars ($)
  • No billing information added: If you click the settings icon in the top-right corner of your account and choose “Billing”, you should see a request to choose a country (no payment method visible).

If your account is set up on a currency other than US Dollar, or billing information was added,, you’ll need to create a new account starting with step 1 of this guide. Otherwise, continue.

2. If you had already started filling out an Ad Grants application form, go back now and finish the form. If you haven’t started, follow the submission process for your country.

For all countries that are under the Google For Nonprofits program (such as US and Australia) the submission process is as follows:

1. Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Be sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account. This is the account that you used when you applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you use to access the product in which you're enrolling.
  2. Click the 'Sign up now' button.
  3. Click the 'Enroll' button underneath Google Ad Grants.
  4. Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly.

See Grants Account Creation Guide for instructions on setting up your AdWords account.

5. Enter your AdWords customer ID in the form field and complete the form.
  6. Click 'Enroll'.

After that, it will take about 24-48 hours and then you will receive an email stating your AdWords account is approved for Ad Grants and that your account is active.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Mate, You should be able to see your currency in campaign ($, CA$, Euros, etc). You are not able to change it though (see the message from @Hannah below) 

"So there are a few things that we can change from the initial set up of your account but unfortunately your currency is not one of them. It is such a fundamental part of the reporting in your account that we are not able to change it once you select it at start up."

Let us know if you need any help here!
Brian

[source: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/I-want-to-change-my-currency-on-adwords/td-p/22561...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Brian,

thanks for your reply. I've looked in campaign and it only shows the '$' symbol, but no specific reference to the US Dollar. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Jr.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Am I right in saying if it's got the '$' symbol then that means it's US Dollar? I just want to make sure that it's not Australian Dollar, which is where I am located.

Cheers,

Jr.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Brian,

I have another question on a related matter. Every step along the way I have be directed to not provide any billing information in order for the Ad Grants process to work. But when I get to Billing I'm asked to "Select the Country or Territory where your Billing Address is located' (See attached screenshot).

Do I click continue at this point? The instructions kind of end here...

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 1.13.12 PM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm an idiot. I've just figured out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for all you help, Brian.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junior B
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Junior B

It is VERY important that you ignore requests for billing information. Entering in any information within billing will turn the account into a regular paid AdWords account. Please read the following help article: Ignore requests for billing information for additional information.

Equally important is that you follow the steps as outlined in the Account Creation Guide.

Particularly Step 4: Submit your account for review

1. Go into your account and confirm the following:

• Currency set to US Dollar: The bids and budgets in your campaign should be shown in US Dollars ($)
  • No billing information added: If you click the settings icon in the top-right corner of your account and choose “Billing”, you should see a request to choose a country (no payment method visible).

If your account is set up on a currency other than US Dollar, or billing information was added,, you’ll need to create a new account starting with step 1 of this guide. Otherwise, continue.

2. If you had already started filling out an Ad Grants application form, go back now and finish the form. If you haven’t started, follow the submission process for your country.

For all countries that are under the Google For Nonprofits program (such as US and Australia) the submission process is as follows:

1. Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Be sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account. This is the account that you used when you applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you use to access the product in which you're enrolling.
  2. Click the 'Sign up now' button.
  3. Click the 'Enroll' button underneath Google Ad Grants.
  4. Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly.

See Grants Account Creation Guide for instructions on setting up your AdWords account.

5. Enter your AdWords customer ID in the form field and complete the form.
  6. Click 'Enroll'.

After that, it will take about 24-48 hours and then you will receive an email stating your AdWords account is approved for Ad Grants and that your account is active.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Junior B

Looks like I just missed your post. Glad to read you got it all figured out. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out here in the forums.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much Robert! I do have a few more questions about Google Ad Grants but I may start a new thread to ask you.

Cheers,

Jr.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Yes, please start new threads for new questions. This helps us keep track of what is being asked so that we can ensure all issues are being properly addressed. It also helps future readers that may have similar questions easily find the answers they need. Thanks!