AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grants - Did not build campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is what I got from Adgrants:

Thank you for applying to the Google Ad Grants program and for submitting your AdWords account for review. While your organization has been approved, we cannot activate your account for the reasons below:

Please follow the steps below to fix your campaigns and re-submit your AdWords account for review:

1. Correct the errors in your AdWords account:

You did not build a campaign - You must create a campaign with at least one text ad and keyword that are related to the mission of the registered nonprofit that's listed in the application. See the Account Creation Guide for further details.

2. Follow the submission process for your country and reapply. On that page, select your country in the drop-down menu and follow the directions. Once you submit your new AdWords account for review, our team will re-review it and send you a follow up email.

Thanks for your continued interest in the Google Ad Grants program. We hope this email helps you better understand the changes that need to be made in order to activate your account.

--
Please note: This email acts as a notification only. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the AdWords team.

My question is..how am I to make a campaign if I do not yet have my non profit account set up?  If I go to Google Adwords and try to set one up, I have to enter a budget etc... Also what does it mean at least one text....

Please help me understand.  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobertCoats (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google Ad Grants - Did not build campaign?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Shirlee,

To get your account set up, it is very important that you follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide - especially those items written in red text within the Account Creation Guide. This will guide you through the process step by step in how to properly set up an account to be used with Google Grants - which is a bit different than setting up a normal AdWords account.

Within the Account Creation Guide will be a specific link you will need to click when you begin setting up your account that will allow you to by-pass billing.

I know the set up process can be intimidating and even confusing for someone who has not done it before but just remember, follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

If you run into any issues, we are here to help.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shirlee,

You will have to set up the account with minimal requirements, keyword(s), text ad(s) and a campaign and ad group. As a new advertiser I would start here to learn the basics:
https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en&ref_topic=3119071

You do not have to have the account running, so it will not cost you anything but the account must be set up to the barest minimum at least. If you have any other questions feel free to ask here or contact the adwords team via the link in your email and they will help guide you in the process.

Good Luck
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobertCoats (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Shirlee,

To get your account set up, it is very important that you follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide - especially those items written in red text within the Account Creation Guide. This will guide you through the process step by step in how to properly set up an account to be used with Google Grants - which is a bit different than setting up a normal AdWords account.

Within the Account Creation Guide will be a specific link you will need to click when you begin setting up your account that will allow you to by-pass billing.

I know the set up process can be intimidating and even confusing for someone who has not done it before but just remember, follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

If you run into any issues, we are here to help.