Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grants - Account setup incomplete - Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are applying for a Google Ad Grants. The form keeps saying that the account setup is incomplete. This is what we checked multiple times:
  • Currency is set to US Dollars
  • No billing information
  • One campaign set to Search Network only
  • The campaign includes one ad and one keyword
Has anyone experienced this problem? any help would be really welcome.

screenshot with problem.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Rui G I feel your pain. Sorry to hear about this - it must be so frustrating!

I know you must have checked this about a million times so please excuse the obvious but have you checked your client ID number? If so are you managing multiple Adwords accounts under the My Client Centre? It might be that you could have entered the Master Client account number that appears before you click through to your child accounts.

Other options could be:

Have you checked your referral code - is it definitely lower case? 

Do you have any campaigns in your account that are currently not visible? - in the campaigns tab make sure you have the view enabled to All not just All Enabled - there might be some older campaigns here which are conflicting. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

No I am sure they have done all right as we have the same problem

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Ad-Grants/adgrants-enrollment-problem/td-p/1139977

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your message. We are an agency with 15 people. We have successfully got many google grants.

Currently, we have 20 grant applications stuck in this part of the process. All these accounts are newly created with the only purpose of applying to the grant. They have been created and checked by different people. So I doubt it is a human error.

There is one step of the application that we skip which is to click in the link the help provides to create an account. The reason why we skip it is because we create the accounts with our manager accounts. Could this be a problem?

I start hearing that we are not the only ones with this problem. It would be great if Google could look into this. It really starts affecting many new non-profit organisations.

Best regards,
Rui

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

we also have the same problem an there is no way to reach the reason without one of ad grants team

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

are you agency located outside USA as we do and we have the same problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes we are located in the Netherlands. Where are you located?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to bring to Google attention the following problem. The form keeps saying that the account setup is incomplete, in case the adwords account is created using a AdWords Manager Accounts. This is not ideal for agencies.

Could you please inform us about when you can look into this problem?

Best regards,

Rui

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

experiencing the same kind of problems with an account I'm going to manage.

- Google Ad Grants enrollment approved on Google for Nonprofit panel

- Account inactive because of payment info

Can you help on this?

Thanks