Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grant Eligibility query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are running a Small NON PROFIT ORGANISATION,
Which does work and support, for Poor Workers in Dharavi.

We empower the workers to earn more and get best what they do as per market value.

They Make Some Extra ordinary custom products in fabrics segment,

we would like to have an opportunity to explore Google Ads Grants if its Allowed to Promote their Services

and whatever sales happens directly goes to betterment for their Living and their Children's Future.

As I was going through your eligibility criteria
This point might get in between 

• Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

Are we can still apply and get it?

Not sure if its good to ask this 

But also to promote the services, we might have to choose domain name which is different then our Organisation name, can this be done?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ad Grant Eligibility query

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Varsha P

A lot really depends on how your organization and website are structured. So I will just say, if you feel that your organization meets the eligibility guidelines of the program you are certainly encouraged to apply.

As for the website, you would not be able to promote any third-party website and you would only be able to promote the website of your organization. The domain name does not have to match the name of your organization but it does need to be owned by the organization.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert,

What about
-Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

As we will be promoting Product or Services.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Varsha P

That is a very straight forward requirement. Either 100% of the proceeds go directly to supporting your program or they do not. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yea I got that, But How do you define 100%?
Does it means cost involved in process, like Expenses shall not be paid from the proceeds?

For e.g. we make $100 sale out of which $30 is cost for Raw material that will be needed to purchased in order to finish the order
and $20 is the shipping cost involved to deliver the product
So $100 is gross Proceeds but $50 is net Proceed.

How do you define 100%. and also for curiosity, how do Google will going to keep track on what is been spent on what?
Unless We have to submit Audit Reports to Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@RobertCoats
Waiting for your valuable advise

Thanks