AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grant Eligibility query.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @RobertCoats,

Our not-for-profit organisation is essentially the welfare arm of the Anglican Church. We offer services such as Foster Care, Disability Support Services, Homelessness and Youth Engagement Services which we plan on using the Ad words grant for. We also have a few Child Care Centres, a Registered Training Organisation and Op shops under us. Any profit that is made from these services goes back into the organisation to help our other programs that support vulnerable people in our local community.

Am I allowed to use Google Ad Grants for these Op Shops, Child Care and Registered Training services? I know that the grant eligibility says that Child Care Centres and Educational Institutions are not eligible, but I thought these may fall under the philanthropic part of eligibility?

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!

Jr.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junior B
January 2016

Re: Google Ad Grant Eligibility query.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Junior B

Many organizations do provide child care as a part of their nonprofit services and are approved for Ad Grants, however, I recommend NOT running ads for child care.

Running ads for training is typically okay as long as the training is not being provided by a school or university. Shops are allowed as well but with strict conditions. The following rule would apply to both training and shops:

• Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junior B
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Junior B

Many organizations do provide child care as a part of their nonprofit services and are approved for Ad Grants, however, I recommend NOT running ads for child care.

Running ads for training is typically okay as long as the training is not being provided by a school or university. Shops are allowed as well but with strict conditions. The following rule would apply to both training and shops:

• Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks once again for your help Robert. You've been such a huge help.
Cheers,
Jr.