AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Grant Disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everybody,

I work helping nonprofits get applied and approved for the Google Ad Grant. Today was the first time I have ever been disapproved for the Grant, and I was hoping to get some support getting to the bottom of why this is the case. I was told in an email I received from Google that it's because the organization does not fall within Google's guidelines. After reading the troubleshooter it looks like the disapproval is because of unsupported organization type, although they are a supported type I can see how their website and the AdWords account that was created for them could be misconstrued as a governmental entity. Can anyone here help investigate/escalate this issue for me please? Thank you very much.

Blake

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Blake,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please share more details about the organization type that you're trying to set up on Ad Grants?

Also, please keep in mind that applications to the Google Ad Grants program may be rejected if the organization does not have the proper charity status, the organization fails to meet the program's eligibility requirements, or the AdWords account is not correctly configured according to the Account Creation Guide.

If your application was rejected for charity status, it means that your organization does not meet the charity status requirements for acceptance into the Google Ad Grants program. If you're able to obtain the appropriate charity status in the future, please feel welcome to reapply at that point.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, we are, although I just reapplied and am waiting to see if there's a different outcome this time around. The website for my client's organization is http://citiscope.org/. They help cities around the world find innovative solutions to issues they are facing such as traffic congestion, earthquake resiliency, and clean drinking water.

Here is the email I received from Google:

"Hello,
Thank you for applying to the Google Ad Grants program and for submitting your AdWords account for review. While your organization has been approved, we cannot activate your account for the reason(s) below. Regrettably, your organization does not fall within our guidelines. For details on your country's requirements, click the "Eligibility & charity status" link shown for your country."

Any additional insights into why we were disapproved? Thanks again.