Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Getting a second website approved in the Google Grant program

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

Our not-for-profit recently acquired a website that already had an active Google Adwords account. I have set our organisation up as a Google for Nonprofit, but had not completed the Google Adwords grant for our main website by the time we acquired this new secondary website. Since we now own both (similar content), I believe we are no longer eligible to apply for an Adwords grant for our main website. Instead, I've been told, we should split the grant between the two websites. I am just wondering how best to proceed if anybody can help.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ad Grants are not given to websites, they're given to organizations. As such, if you have purchased a website from an organization that was using Ad Grants, you cannot use that other organizations Google for Nonprofits account or their Ad Grants account. You will need to apply for your own and the other one will need to be canceled.

Once you do that, you will certainly be able to apply to utilize your own Ad Grant to promote the two websites.

Any attempt to use two Ad Grant accounts for the same organization would likely be deemed as abuse of the program and result in cancellation of all services.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You probably can! I've used the Additional Website Application for many of my client's Google Grants. You can find that here: https://support.google.com/grants/contact/grants_v

Let me know if you need anything else or have any questions!