AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

GST in India and Google AdGrants Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am receiving a notification to enter GSTIN for an India Based NGO's AdGrants Account. Being an NGO, GSTIN is not applicable so the number has not been generated. I am not sure how this effects the 0 billing account. Please explain how to fix the issue and resolve this notification which says - "Update your India tax info with the GSTIN that matches the state in your billing address and get GST compliant invoices." 

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shalini S
September

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On My view you can ignore that thing if you are billed by google you will be charges GST 18% or CGST 9% & SGST 9% in your bills based on your billing state.

and if you provide you gstin no you can claim that gst in your returns of GST but if you are not under GST this will go to GOVT.

if you account is non billed and it's free non-profit account then you simply ignore that red GSTIN note on panel.

View solution in original post

Re: GST in India and Google AdGrants Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Shalini S

Sorry to hear you are running onto issues. From the Google For Nonprofits site for India:

Google is working with TechSoup to provide access to Google products and services. To be eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program, organizations must:

• Have a validated account with TechSoup's local partner. (Not currently a member of TechSoup? Register here).
  • Be a registered and recognized charity or nonprofit as described here.
  • Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certification regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt of use.

Once you have your validation token from Techsoup you should be able to enroll without issue.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shalini S
September

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On My view you can ignore that thing if you are billed by google you will be charges GST 18% or CGST 9% & SGST 9% in your bills based on your billing state.

and if you provide you gstin no you can claim that gst in your returns of GST but if you are not under GST this will go to GOVT.

if you account is non billed and it's free non-profit account then you simply ignore that red GSTIN note on panel.