AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

For-Profit Agency Running a Non-Profit's Google Ad Grant Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At Event Network, we run over 100 gift shops for cultural attractions like museums, zoos, and aquariums. We also provide them with an ecommerce solution in the form of a sub-domain or sub-directory to their main sites where we facilitate product sales. One of our partners is a museum for a branch of the military, and they are a non-profit. They are hesitant to run a Google Ad Grants campaign because Event Network, a FOR-profit company, is running their online store. They feel like it is a violation of Google's policies. 

t is my understanding that as long as the Ad Grants campaign is not driving traffic directly to the online store and therefore with an objective to drive product sales, that this would not be a violation. My recommendation to this museum partner is to focus on keywords that provide awareness of the museum itself, rather than the products we sell. Obviously some of those clicks could end up on the shop site, but as long as that is not the intention, I believe this would not be a violation. 

Is this correct? Thanks!

Jason Bertrand

Senior Director, Digital Commerce

Event Network

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: For-Profit Agency Running a Non-Profit's Google Ad Grant Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Correct, this is not a violation. In fact Google Ad Grants Policy does allow for a non-profit to hire a third-party agency to manage the ad grant on their behalf.

Additionally, the grant can be used to send traffic to a non-profit store, as long as, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of those products goes to benefit the mission of the nonprofit and that store resides on a URL owned by the agency and not a third-party URL.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Correct, this is not a violation. In fact Google Ad Grants Policy does allow for a non-profit to hire a third-party agency to manage the ad grant on their behalf.

Additionally, the grant can be used to send traffic to a non-profit store, as long as, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of those products goes to benefit the mission of the nonprofit and that store resides on a URL owned by the agency and not a third-party URL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert - Thanks for the reply. A little more information to understand if there would be a violation: Before we took over the management of the online store, they had access to $40K per month in Ad Grants $ they were using specifically for the store. When Event Network took over, they turned that off (since we are for profit, take in the store revenue, then give a % back to the museum). Because we're not giving 100% of the product proceeds back to the museum, I assume this is where the clause "100% of the proceeds from the sale of those products goes to benefit the mission of the nonprofit" comes into play. Correct? Thanks again!