Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

First Time Adwords Grants Pro

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

First of all, I would like to share a milestone for me as an account manager of an Adwords Grants Pro Account from one my client's client. Yahooooo ... feeling so awesome.....

I would like to ask any advice on how to keep maximizing the $40K budget from the existing account set up. Currently, I am  able to get an average of $600-800 per day so roughly around $20k in a month....

thanks in advance guys and the masters in ad grants account... Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff Maala
July 2016

Re: First Time Adwords Grants Pro

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jeff Maala

Congrats on getting to Grantspro status.

My two biggest pieces of AdWords advice on maximizing Grantspro are:

• Follow Google's best practices - particularly when it comes to ads and increasing CTR and quality scores.
  • Focus on conversions more than ad spend. Maximizing ad spend is great but it is really more important to spend budget effectively than it is to spend it all. No one likes "leaving money on the table" but having too high of a focus on ad spend can lead to careless expansions that stretch the boundaries of relevancy and that can lead to lower quality scores and decreased efficiency. 

But a piece of non-AdWords advice that is crucial as well, is to expand content of the website. After all, the easiest to expand an AdWords account is to expand the content that is being promoted.

All in all, if you focus on best practices, content and on maximizing conversions, then ad spend tends to fall in place.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @RobertCoats.

I must agree on your non-adwords advice on expanding the site content, to ensure a higher relevance on the ads and as well the keywords QS.

Following the adwords best practices will always be on top of our mind. While conversions will always be our ultimate benchmark of success. Smiley Happy Thanks again....

Just want to ask also, if you have been able to maximize the $40k ad grant in one of the accounts you're managing right now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Robert,

Just so happy to announce that I just had another account upgraded to Grants Pro.... and another 3 on the pipeline....

thanks for all your advice....

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jeff Maala

Great to hear! Congratulations on reaching Grantspro status!

And to answer your earlier question that I missed -"Just want to ask also, if you have been able to maximize the $40k ad grant in one of the accounts you're managing right now."

Yes, I have several myself. But to be honest, while spend is an important metric, it is not the main driver for me or my clients. Conversions are. In fact, I have a couple of accounts that I have taken over where the ad spend has initially dropped after optimizing the account to remove a lot of the waste and changed the focus to relevancy and conversions - however, while the ad spend initially dropped conversions increased - which made the client much happier.

As I stated above, ad spend is an important metric and it is great to maximize it and hit the budget spend - just not at the cost of relevancy and conversions. I state that, not so much for you but for others reading, because I have audited several accounts over the years where the account managers were adding every keyword they could to maximize spend and ultimately it did more harm than good to the account because quality scores suffered and the irrelevant keywords led to extremely high bounce rates on the website.

Again, congrats to you on the Grantspro status - love seeing the that!