AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Experienced SEM Guy Here - 9 months of futilely trying to set up an account - help, please :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I went through the Ad Grants Approval process almost a year ago now after volunteering to help a nearby non-profit.  I've had countless chats, promises of follow-ups from support, and Support emails that have not been returned.  I've never had a more frustrating experience with AdWords.  Hoping you guys can help!

However, I do not get the notice that this is a Google Grants account and can not proceed without entering billing information. Simply put, the instructions imply that it is possible to proceed without entering the billing info, which is not true.

grantserror.JPGI've made 5 different accounts, created new admins for the non-profit, etc. and it always takes me to the following (also screenshot): https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home?__u=2636616876&__c=1196932555&authuser=0#ob

Unlike the instructions indicate, there is no way to create a Grants Account without entering billing info.  Another error is that the directions call for you to opt out of search partners, which is not an option during the setup process, but that's a much smaller deal.

Is it possible for Google to just flag this account as not needing billing info so I can properly apply for enrollment here: https://www.google.com/nonprofits/account/u/1/org/AOPUvx7w8iw1vWR6IOIPincwXcFnwSpdNX0NSsfZeOqsNdhW_K...
1 Expert replyverified_user

Experienced SEM Guy Here - 9 months of futilely trying to set up an account - help, please :)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mike H

Once your AdWords account is created, you still need to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review. 

• Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
  • Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  • Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
  • Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly If you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
  • Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
  • Click ‘Enroll’.