AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Existing AdWords Account, Applying for Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have an existing AdWords account that is running an ad.  I just realized our non-profit can apply for Ad Grants.  I was trying to apply while keeping our current ad running, but I know I need to have NO billing info for the Ad Grant.  Is there a way to keep my current ad going while applying for Ad Grants?  Or do I have to delete my account and start fresh with Ad Grants?

Thank you!

Caitlin

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee2 (Google Employee)
October 2016

Re: Existing AdWords Account, Applying for Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Caitlin P

Yes, as an Ad Grantee you are allowed to have both an Ad Grants account and a regular paid AdWords. I often recommend to grantees who have an additional paid AdWords account to use the AdWords account for running display ads and/or remarketing ads and to utilize the Ad Grants account for running of all of the search-based text ads.

With that said, if you do use the paid AdWords account t run text ads on search, just know that the paid account will always take preference over the Ad Grant account when determining which ad to serve on a keyword targeted by both accounts.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I am going to move this to the AdWords forum for you.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee2 (Google Employee)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Caitlin P

Yes, as an Ad Grantee you are allowed to have both an Ad Grants account and a regular paid AdWords. I often recommend to grantees who have an additional paid AdWords account to use the AdWords account for running display ads and/or remarketing ads and to utilize the Ad Grants account for running of all of the search-based text ads.

With that said, if you do use the paid AdWords account t run text ads on search, just know that the paid account will always take preference over the Ad Grant account when determining which ad to serve on a keyword targeted by both accounts.

Existing AdWords Account, Applying for Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

We are in this exact position with an Adwords account running very well but we've just been accepted for the AdGrant program. I dont understand what you mean when you write : "for running display ads and/or remarketing ads" compare to  "for running of all of the search-based text ads" : could you explain the differences ? Thanks!