AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Enroll in the Google for Nonprofits program to keep your Ad Grants account active - issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I spoke with Google Adwords support, and he said I didn't need to do anything with this because we'd been enrolled in the Google Adwords grant program for so long. He told me to ignore the email we got about enrolling in Google for Nonprofits. However, I don't want to take any chances. Is there a phone number or email that I can call to confirm this? Or a place I can go to check? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enroll in the Google for Nonprofits program to keep your Ad Grants account active - issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Heidi G

IMPORTANT!!

Please disregard the advice that phone support provided you in this instance!

You MUST follow the instructions in the email you received. Failure to do so WILL result in your Ad Grant being revoked.

I will follow up with the Ad Grants team and let them know that AdWords phone support is putting out outdated information.

NOTE: Yes, previously, for those grantees that were in the Ad Grants program prior to the launch of Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) those grantees were not required to sign up in G4NP - that has now changed. As such, failure to follow the instructions in the email you received, from the Ad Grants team, regarding the need to enroll in G4NP will now result in the loss of your Ad Grant.

You also have limited time. DO NOT HESITATE. 

LASTLY, there are important instructions in that email that you must also follow regarding the enrollment. Please be sure to follow ALL instructions exactly.

Enroll in the Google for Nonprofits program to keep your Ad Grants account active - issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also encountered this same exact response from AdWords support via a phone call - to ignore the email. My gut told me to move forward with it anyway before March 31. Thanks for the confirmation, Robert.