AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Email about account balance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got an email saying:

Your canceled Google AdWords account has an outstanding balance.
However, your account still has an outstanding balance of approximately $1,096.66. We are unable to charge your account because there is no working payment instrument in our records. Please resolve this balance by setting up valid billing information. For details, please see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/154228?hl=en-US If you accrued additional costs before cancellation, the charge may be more. Please contact us for more information.

I have not cancelled my account, and when I log in, it shows the balance as zero. My account is a non-profit, and we have a grant, and I get a daily report on the clicks, and so on. I went to Adwords contact, and it's a bunch of self-service stuff; I can't find anywhere to actually contact the adwords people. *confused* 
Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@vnicks

It sounds like your account was one of the ones that was recently deactivated because it was not in compliance with the  Active Account Management Policy which requires that the account be logged in within the last 30 days and have changes made based on those observations at least once every 90 days. If you received a “balance due” email, you may ignore it as that is a system auto email that should not have gone out to grantees.

To reinstate the account, you will need to log in and follow the prompts to contact AdWords support and they will likely reactive the account if this is the first time for your account to be deactivated due to an Active Account Management Policy violation. Once the account is reinstated, it is IMPORTANT that you abide by the Active Account Management Policy or your account is subject to being cancelled permanently.

NOTE: If you do not have the internal bandwidth to provide active account management you may hire a third-party agency to manage the account for you and keep you in compliance with Ad Grant policies. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your response! That must be it - I have been super busy, and know for a fact that I haven't even logged in for over a month!!
Can you clarify exactly how I can get reinstated? I get to the 'Fix Your Issue' page when I click 'Contact Us' - there's no option for reactivate an account, and no option to email or call anyone, just a bunch of self-help guides. 

Thanks again for your help!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ack - never mind, I just found all the contact stuff, chatting with someone now. THANK YOU!!!!