Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Domains and Subdomains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Community,

I/my company was just recently approved for Google AdWords Grants, and I just want to make sure that everything is organized as it should be.

The application was for my company's main domain name, which contains the majority of our non-profit work (some work is on other domains for specific initiatives, and I know that I'll have to apply to Google later to include those in my account).

But, here is where I am a little unclear. My company also has a subdomain on the main domain that sells things to fund our non-profit organizational goals. We already have somebody else managing AdWords for that subdomain, and it is a regular paid account. Will using my Google AdWords Grants on the main domain in any way affect the paid account on the subdomain, or vice versa?

Thanks,

Boris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Domains and Subdomains

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Boris K

No, it will not affect the paid account. As a grantee, you are allowed to have both a paid and a grant account running in tandem. Just know that the ads from the paid account will take precedence over the grant account ads if they are competing on the same search term.