AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Do we qualify if we provide housing for the mentally ill?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I am working with Prudent Care Homes (Dignified Digs for the Mentally Ill) and we are looking to do three things - 1) We already provide a safe and secure home for 3 mentally ill patients and in 3 months we will add three more rooms and with successful fund raising we hope to hugely expand. The homes are an alternative to the typical and horrible housing for the mentally ill in California. We do hope to expand nationally. 2) A website that is for the mentally ill. So many websites are geared toward their caregivers too much we feel. 3) Start a Schizophrenia Alliance club house which is a place for peer support and to help people who are recovering for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder begin to reintegrate with society. The need for these things is intense. I have schizoaffective disorder which is schizophrenia AND bipolar disorder and can testify that the conditons I was housed in made feel that I was not human. I felt that I was only a burden on society and was very suicidal because if you have your dignity stripped away by the inhumane conditions you live in how can you recover? Thank you, Patty
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do we qualify if we provide housing for the mentally ill?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patty K

Although most care/treatment facilities are not eligible, there are some care homes that are eligible for Google For Nonprofits and Google Ad Grants, depending on their EIN category code. With that said, I couldn't find your organization listed in the Guidestar database to verify your EIN for eligibility so I would recommend that you go ahead and apply at https://www.google.com/nonprofits/join/ - The application process is quick and easy and you will have a response back often within seconds.

(NOTE: There was an organization with a similar name listed in the Guidestar database that had a revoked status - you will want to verify that this is not your organization before applying for Google For Nonprofits.)

Re: Do we qualify if we provide housing for the mentally ill?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Are you referring specifically to Google Grants, or AdWords as a viable method of achieving your (not for profit) business goals?

Tom