2.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ads (Non-Profit)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a non-profit (approved for the Google AdWords Grant) with multiple ads going under 1 campaign.  However, 2 have been marked disapproved.  I got through the mini-tutorial, but it doesn't say specifically what to fix.  I've gone through the long list of policies, but I still don't see why they would have been marked as such.  What am I missing?

Note:  I know ALL CAPS is discouraged (i.e., "OC"), but that is part of our registered DBA name.  Also, it's not disallowed in other ads so that does not seem to be the issue.

Disapproved Ads.jpg

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Action Partnership o
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Community Action Partnership o

From what I can see, the bottom ad has two exclamation (!) points in the ad. From personal experience, double symbols other than a period usually get disapproved. I would suggest changing the description to, "Help end hunger in Orange County. See how you can help. Donate today!"

Also, in both ads in Headline 2 there are two commas which could also be the issue. Maybe change the headline to, 'CC Food Bank In California' or 'CC Food Bank in Garden Grove' to try and remove the commas. 

I hope this helps!

Jillian

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Action Partnership o
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Community Action Partnership o

From what I can see, the bottom ad has two exclamation (!) points in the ad. From personal experience, double symbols other than a period usually get disapproved. I would suggest changing the description to, "Help end hunger in Orange County. See how you can help. Donate today!"

Also, in both ads in Headline 2 there are two commas which could also be the issue. Maybe change the headline to, 'CC Food Bank In California' or 'CC Food Bank in Garden Grove' to try and remove the commas. 

I hope this helps!

Jillian

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much, Jillian!  We'll get it a shot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no more than one exclamation mark!  Smiley Happy